Thursday, August 03, 2006

Life in Los Angeles - Holy Krishna!

Ever since the Krishnas were banned at LAX I just haven't seen them around... Maybe it was that coupled with the waning gravitational pull of the 60's search for a guru.

I was out for a smoke a few minutes ago and what comes walking by on the opposite side of the street but a Krishna! Cymbals banging, stopping to try and chat up pedestrians passing him by. As I took another look, there was a large Rolls Royce right next to him on the street, which made me wonder if his guru was following him to make sure he was doing his work.

More and more there are little things that make me think Philip K. Dick was right about his depiction of Los Angeles in Blade Runner. We have talking cross walks now, but not flying cars - yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Years ago, a friend's girlfriend was complaining about how "offensive" it was when they'd re-release books that were made into movies with movie artwork on the cover -- "Bladerunner" being a prime example (the novel is of course called "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"). I countered with, what difference did it make if it encouraged people to read?

She had nothing to say after that and yet my friend married her anyway.