Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Gerald Ford

I find myself fascinated watching a biography of Gerald Ford [Time and Chance: Gerald Ford] - a biography of the 38th President... Never thought about him much - I doubt anyone else does either.
- Not as sexy as Kennedy
- Not as gentlemanly as Johnson
- Not as lovable as Nixon
I think given the chance he could have kicked ass just like Truman did. But hey, everyone was too busy making fun of him and projecting their residual Nixonian anger at him... I think I'll put his photo up in my office.


[Gerald Rudolph Ford, Jr. - 38th President of the U.S.]

3 comments:

-K- said...

I remember his quote when he first took office:

I'm a Ford, not a Lincoln.

I think it stuck with him. Being a member of the Warren Commsission never helped him either.

AArtVark said...

Man, why you gotta bring me down with all that cover-up of an assassination talk! Finally, a harmless President and you gotta ruin it for me.

All right. Tell me, what's your beef with the eleventh president - James K. Polk?

-K- said...

Polk! As a lifelong resident of California, I know you know what he did.

(Hint: It involved Mexico...)