Friday, September 23, 2005

The Minotaur Busts a Fly!


Minotaur rocket carrying DARPA payload launched from Vandenberg AFB.
Got out of a meeting just in time to see the trail from the launch flopping around in the sky and fading quickly.
I think that's pretty cool and if you know what I'm speaking of when I mention Vandenberg AFB and DARPA then chances are good you might think it cool too.
Here's an amusing quote I found in an LA Times article about the launch.
"People throughout Central and Southern California and parts of Arizona also reported seeing the launch, with some voicing concerns that it might have been an explosion or terrorist attack."
I remember in high school seeing a launch trail as I was walking by the football field where the meatheads were practicing - and I shit you not - one of them said, "It's a Russian attack!" and booked for the locker room.
At least, with the Soviets and thousands of warheads aimed at the US it somehow makes more sense - but a terrorist attack? What do people have in their skulls, feces instead of brains?

1 comment:

-K- said...

VNP








[very nice photo]